We are holding a screenshot contest over the next two weeks to gather some cool new shots of the latest state of the game. Those are going to be used for promotional purposes, e.g. we may use your best screenshots in our website, official announcements, or news posts — so make sure to max out your graphics settings when taking them!
If you submit the best screenshot, you will receive a cape in the next update of the game! Capes can’t be obtained through notes in-game, only during special events like this contest. You will get a new, unique cape, that no one else will have.
How to Enter
To submit your screenshot, click here, click on Upload your screenshot and choose the screenshot you want to upload. Everyone with a Steam account can sign in and vote for the existing screenshots. Only the screenshot with the most votes will receive the cape, but we will consider using all of your submissions for promotional uses!
- Try to be original. Capture something that most people haven’t seen.
- Make sure the screenshot is at least in 1024×768 resolution or higher. Screenshots should not be low-quality or low resolution.
- Because these screenshots will be posted on our website, they need to be appropriate for a wide audience. Please avoid anything that might be considered offensive, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate, including but not limited to the list below:
- Sexual content or references
- Anything disparaging to a group of people in the real world
- Smoking / drug use
- Areas that are off-limits or only accessible by means of an exploit
- Graphical bugs
- Profanity or otherwise questionable chat content onscreen
If your PC allows it, make sure to max out all settings in the graphics options. Also, check out the ambient occlusion and per pixel motion blur settings, maybe you can use them to make your screenshots look even better! Alternatively, there is a also a depth of field effect that you can turn on in the developer console. To do so, enable access to the console in the Controls menu, then press F10 to open it. Enter these commands to enable depth of field:
Unfortunately, depth of field does currently not play nicely together with the ambient occlusion and per pixel motion blur effects, so you may have to decide for either one of them.
The submission deadline is Saturday, April 19th (in two weeks), the winner will receive the cape right in the next update that we will release. We are looking forward to see what epic battle scenes you can come up with and which scenic places you can find on our maps!